Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ruswadi Kartolo - who am I?

Ruswadi Kartolo...my name on my birth cert, my name I have come to embrace as my own. Someone influential once said, the most beautiful thing a person hears is his/her own name. I suppose it depends on how that name is being used. A preacher I once heard, also said that in a name, tells that person's character and somewhat future. There is no direct meaning to my name - it's just an Indonesian Name my dad conjured for me to blend in with the locals. My Chinese Name, however, does have a meaning. It means Chinese Homeland. This, to me, carries some significance. It associates me to my home country, my identity. I always believed, or maybe used to believe that I am called to contribute to China - in some kind of higher calling of some sort. Yes! That's it. I am glad I am writing this blog, so in case I forgot, I can always get on to that calling train and re-focus.

That is just a nutshell of who I am. Apart from my name, I suppose, I need to talk about my roots/where I came from. I came from a very simple family. A dad who works hard and sacrifice for his family - kids and wife. A mom who's headstrong, but knows what's best for her kids. 3 sisters, each with her own stories/struggles and victories that makes me wonder in pride, and a brother whom always challenges me in a good way, and is becoming a role model of some sort. Although I am not close to any of them for personal reasons, I always am connected to them. Their sufferings are mine to bear, their victories mine to share. I love each and everyone of them, but I definitely have a looong way to go to reconcile, and be one with them. More on later entries.

Lastly, before I go to bed...(it's 2.30AM on a Sunday night)...I love TENNIS...in fact, I am watching it right now...Djokovic and Nadal....My point being, who I am is what I love to do..my passion..One of which is Tennis..I play tennis, and I take my games seriously, seeking ways to play well and improve, and one area I am keen is to teach and share that expertise...That's all I can share..I promise I will talk more abt it on latter entry..

For now, good night.........

No comments: