Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Resolutions

just had dinner at Brewerks, Restaurants and Brewery. Rating: 2/5...most prob i didn't have the beer along the bland-tasting, not so massive "Massive Pork Knuckle"...."Asian-style Chicken Wings" were good tho, but how can you go wrong with that?

I'd had the beer and/or wine, but I am doing a health screening, my very first full one. Pap smear, oh no, I mean cancer marker, stool check (yes, it's disgusting), blood test, all of it. Looking forward to see how I go actually - whether my lifestyle thus far has passed the test of health...

Read a few online papers, subscribe to a new one - Business Times Online, and planning to get acquainted with each one every morning, before my day starts. The thing is, however, I can't remember what I have read/learn today, but a few things. I suppose what Timothy Ferris wrote in his book, "4-hours work week" is somewhat true - that is u don't have to read everything that is avail. It will not do u any incremental benefit anyways. All I can remember is an article titled "the cost of social enterprise". It's about how inversely proportionate a performance of a social enterprise, e.g. training company that provides training to unemployed people, etc, with the economical situation. The decisions that are usually considered bad decisions to make in a bad economic situation for a non-social enterprise, such as, hiring, are good for a social enterprise,
and vice versa. The challenge is to survive in a good economic situation, and how to adapt to the change in environment, and the proven solutions are, continued active marketing, and creating/modifying product/service offerings to remain relevant. Good article I suppose, but don't really see any relevance or value that can be directly applied in my life. Anyway, as promised to myself, I will continue to read...learn....do.....experience, and live....and won't forget to write all about it...:-)

No comments: